Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pay It Forward

You never really know what hand life is going to deal you next. It could be the best hand you've ever had or the worst that needs to go down the crapper. No matter what life throws at you always remember there's a reason and whether you know it or not there are people who have your back. Then there's Karma, Karma is always going to find you whether good or bad. I think my good karma is finally coming through, to a point, maybe the bad and good are even now. My dad died 3 years ago and my step-mother sued me, we finally just got it all resolved after Thanksgiving, I'm finally able to mourn my Dad's death properly and get closure. During this time I also went through a divorce from a man in the military whose first deployment changed everything about him. I tried sticking by his side and getting help as I was raised in the military but he refused to get help. I got what I wanted from the divorce, which wasn't really a lot just 2,000 towards a new car since the hood flew up in my windshield and my ex canceled the insurance so that I couldn't get it fixed. For a little over a year I was driving around with my hood tied down with rope and a bungee cord. Also, during this time, I had to have rotator cuff surgery which was a lot worse than I thought it would be therefore I wasn't able to work for a while so I really couldn't get a new vehicle. This year for Christmas I realized how truly amazing the people in my life are as I was given enough money to get a new, safe, reliable vehicle for my daughter and I. The car shopping experience was a nightmare. I either got treated like I was stupid because I'm a young woman or I was simply ignored and treated rudely since I didn't have a lot of money to spend and I wasn't looking for payments. Persistence and patience pays off though, after almost a month of car shopping I got a mid sized SUV (I wanted a small one but beggars can't be choosers.. Actually, yes they can because I refused anything red, tan, gold, or with tan interior). Anyway, I was afraid I had gotten ripped off on this car (I knew the miles were a bit high but it's what I wanted and SAFE!) because I noticed it flashing in 4wd low. A friend introduced me to his mechanic today and the gentleman checked it out and after talking with me a bit and asking some personal questions (like why wasn't my husband fixing it) decided that he will fix it for me, for NO charge! I could have cried! Yes, I'm an emotional one. Almost everything makes me cry, especially when I'm reminded that there ARE good people out there. This is just a blog to remind you of that, if you ever have doubt, there ARE good people out there with true, sincere hearts. This year, I'm going to pay it forward. I don't know how or who yet but I'll know when the time comes. If you're reading this I ask you too to pay it forward, make 2013 an awesome year and work on your good karma. Speaking of, now off to play some Sims so I can work on their Karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment